TopBand: Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted L
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:28:04 -0500
--IMA.Boundary.795803878

     Mike etc:

     It would be good to check the temperature of the 500 pf capacitor
     after operating for a while.  Some caps, typically ceramic, heat up
     with RF current.

     I had a series circuit with a vacuum variable and a 330 pfd 15 KV
     ceramic in parallel to tune out inductive reactance.  The ceramic cap
     heated up enough to change value.  I ended up using a 250 pfd vacuum
     as a padder for the vacuum variable, ending the heating problem.

     George, K8GG