TopBand: Nov 12 Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Nov 12 Conditions
From: jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Jeffrey Maass)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:54:10 -0500 (EST)
Very strange from Ohio-land!

Early in the evening (around 0020Z-0100Z) several DX stations (CT1BOH,
GM3POI, GM4BES, OM3EY) were loud enough to copy with the inv-L, 80m
dipole, or on any of four Beverages, whether pointed at them or not!

Later (0400Z - 0600Z), several stations (including DJ7AA, HB9ATA) were
reported on the PacketCluster as "Loud" from the East Coast and W0-land,
and yet I could hear nary a 'dit' from either on ANY antenna (including
the shorty (250') Northeast Beverage and my new 750-foot Northeast Beverage).

Propagation seemed very selective last night!

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!