TopBand: Last 10 days report.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Last 10 days report.
From: eb6aok@jet.es (Enric)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 21:25:20 -2
[¯¯¯ TST HOST 1.43b, Dif/Utc.:2, Escrito el: Mar Dic 02 16:59:36 1997 ®®®]

        Hi all,

here's my last 10 days activity report, prior to CQWW, from 18th to 28th.
I  have  logged  5  new-ones in that period, I started with FH/DJ1RL on the
night  of  the  18th at 2234z, then Tony A45ZN, came back to my call at the
first  shot  on  the  22nd  at  2104z, on the 25th at 2242z, 5A2A was "in",
followed  by KE7X/6Y5 on the 26th at 2321z, and ending the show the 28th at
0044z with TF/OH4GN.

Between  those  days,  the  band has been very active, with very good stuff
worked/heard. Some JAs have been heard and some worked. Also on the 22nd I
heared   BY1QH  replaying  to a russian station, that was around 1948z with very
 low signals, but readible! But the russian guy continued CQing after he
finished  the  QSO. On the 23rd, and starting around 0038z, I put 37 US guys  on
 the  log, half of them were first time. I finished the night with K7SV at
0138z. Same day, at 2151z I had another QSO with Bernie ZS4TX, with FB  sigs!
Good  things continued in other bands, but remarkable is the QSO with VK9LX on
the 25th at 1657z 80m (CW), with very weak sigs, copied on my NE EWE! If I
haven't had that antenna, I could not heard them. No sigs were coming in any
other of my antennas! Also had a QSO on 80m with FH/DJ1RL on the  26th  at
2022z, and again best with the EWEs. 5A2A were also logged in 80m for a great
night.

Not  everything  shines here, I also missed something in the 10 days, TI4CF was
heard one morning around 0530z or so, he was coming in good manner but he
rapidly disapeared through the pile-up, and V47KP was also heard with FB signals
one or two mornings after, but he was gone with my sunrise. Those two guys is
the second time I miss, (Grrrrr!).

So, a very active week that I think you have already noted too.
Hope I can pass many good reports like this one in the next weeks.

See you all on topband,
Greetings de:
            Josep EA6ACC
            Internet E-mail via Enric EB6AOK