[Fwd: Re: TopBand: qso ??]

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: TopBand: qso ??]
From: k8rf@fuse.net (Dan Flaig,K8RF)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 21:42:37 -0800

--------------3DB92E376E42

Dan
K8RF

--------------3DB92E376E42

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 21:41:44 -0800
From: "Dan Flaig,K8RF" <k8rf@fuse.net>
To: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: TopBand: qso ??

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net wrote:

> Hi Glen,
>
> Please don't take this personal, but you struck a nerve with me.
>
> > From:          GLENN WYANT <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
>
> > This morning copy on the VK9 was difficult. I beleive he came back to
> > me at approx 1216 gmt with VA3 ??  I was not able to hear the call
> > confirmation so ..... did anyone out there where they are 579+, hear him
> > confirm my call?? Any info would be most welcome..tks Glenn VA3DX 8P9DX
>
> If you didn't copy the confirmation, technically you have NO contact
> even if he did come back.
>
> Stu Perry worked every station he claimed or he just didn't log it.
>
> That's exactly why, despite having over 200 real 160 DXCC contacts,
> I'll never bother with DXCC.
>
> 73, Tom W8JI
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

FROM 1/2 of the VK9LX ( the mean half )

My apologies to the reflector and Bill, but I MUST say something about
this post, If not you may remove me from the reflector.

After rereading this little comment I am really ticked off, I missed
the:

  "Too bad we can't get those ethics in the mainstream today.
> "

If anybody thinks my "ethics" were not good enough for the VK9LX
operation, I will gladly burn all the logbooks and say screw it.

Nick and I can save the money that we were going to spend on QSL cards.

Maybe when my 1981 Ford throws a rod next week I'll have money to fix
it.
Maybe Nick can pay the back rent he owes on his nice little watch repair
shop(I'm sorry Nick, that is a private matter but I couldn't help it
buddy...)

My apologizes to all the GREAT people out there that have to read this
message, I wish I didn't have to write it, but Nick and I sacrificed
alot to put this little operation on the air, and I feel a little peer
pressure is in order.

--

Dan
K8RF/VK9LX