TopBand: New antenna ready.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: New antenna ready.
From: eb6aok@jet.es (Enric)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:03:00 -2
[¯¯¯ TST HOST 1.43b, Dif/Utc.:2, Escrito el: Mar Dic 16 17:18:32 1997 ®®®]

        Hi all,

 I'm happy to tell you that my new 25m top-loaded-vertical is ready for
 testing. This afternoon we put some mesh as radials at its base. They
 are 25ft long by 3ft wide, and I have 8 in total. It isn't finished yet
 as I do have to add some 20-30 1/4wvl radials more to the setup, but I
 think it would be enough to start. The capacitive hat has around 35ft
 in diameter each arm, there are 2, so 17.5ft X 4. It comes to resonance
 on  2.100  MHz, so we have done a small coil to bring it to resonance on
 1.833 MHz, at this point it has 1.3:1 SWR and 50 ohm. The antenna has a
 2.1:1 SWR of 100 KHz, from 1.800 to 1.900. I hope to add the remaining
 radials within the next week, or even this if I find some time.
 Will be QRV this afternoon, say from 23z to 00z or so, and also tomorrow
 morning between 06z to Sunrise (0708z), hope we can exchange reports to
 know how it works. Any questions about the antenna will be happily ans-
 wered.

 CU you on the BAND,
Greetings de:
            Josep EA6ACC