TopBand: SW Washington Report and DX Success

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SW Washington Report and DX Success
From: jfenster@pacifier.com (Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 03:59:59 -0800
Hi Gang,

The band finally opened last night following a couple months of NOTHING.
RA2FBC was worked for DXCC #100 on Topband along with SL3ZV who had a great
signal for a couple of hours, DJ7AA, SP2FAX, and OH2BO.

It was interesting to see spots via the internet from W7LR (just 600 miles
east) who was working Europe 3 hours before anything was even heard here.

I need a good address for HA8BE as his envelope came back with some kind of
notation as "unknown".  Also, has anyone had any success with YS1ZV?  I
have sent a card to his manager and direct.

Once I get the 100 confirmed, I can then return to the other bands and
start to enjoy the hobby again!  The last three years trying to reach 100
has really become an obsession (as well stated by NI6T)!  You east coast
guys have it made!!!

73 Jim K9JF/7
Vancouver, WA
("at the edge of the earth" - DK3GI during a visit sometime back)