TopBand: Re: More morning Eu from USA NorthWest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: More morning Eu from USA NorthWest
From: JEH@on.mobile.telia.se (Jan-Erik Holm 0920 239081 , 010 2255226)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:43:27 GMT+1

--

Yes there has been a coupple nice days on 160 and I am totaly amazed that
even I can work some dx on the band, need bigger hardware to tangle with
the big boys.
I was calling CQ around 12Z on a absolutly dead band and out of the blue
KH6AT answered me, thats far out. Besides N2IC/0 and KV0Q I also worked
a coupple others, K7DZ I think. Left the band for 80 mtrs around 1400 and
80 was very hot for west coast shorth path and now I was able to tangle
with the big boys and thats fun.
Also I was hearing AM band broadcast from VE6 VE7 W6 W7 all day long, quite
neat.
I would guess signals do come right over the pole, I have a beverage towards
ZL/JA (Long Path W6 on 80) and signals totaly dissapear on it, that is the
W6/7/0 stuff around 14Z etc etc, so its no long path.
Tomorrow I will only be QRV around 07 - 12 Z after that I am grounded by my
wife to celebrate xmas, will be QRV again the 25th.

73 merry xmas / Jim SM2EKM