TopBand: RE:Gamma Capacitor Ratings

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RE:Gamma Capacitor Ratings
From: W8AV@aol.com (W8AV)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 18:24:34 EST
Sorry to post this to the reflector.  I attempted to reply directly to Bob,
but accidently deleted the reply while editing it (DUH)!

I would recommend at least 7.5 KV for the voltage rating on the cap for the
shunt feed.  that way you will have at least a 2:1 safety factor  which is
especially useful if you plan to run any SSB on 160 with 1500 watts.  The
price difference is not that significant and the extra safety for operating
and lightning protection is worth it !!!

73.....................de Goose W8AV