TopBand: Stew Perry K1ZM/QRP M/S

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Stew Perry K1ZM/QRP M/S
From: RobnPam@compuserve.com (Robert g. Flory)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 06:05:06 -0500
GAA23004
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Hello Topbanders,

Was visiting Jeff while on holiday in MA, and we threw together a little
multi-op QRP operation.

It was great how many DX stations were workable.  27 Europeans, with G3WPF
getting the "Best Fisherman" award for finding us calling CQ and working
us.  All the others were called.  Best DX worked was several 52 pointers:
UA2FJ, RA2FBC, SP5EWY,OK1AWZ.  Heard RV1CC and 4X4NJ calling other people,
so we didn't get a chance to try them.

The contact that suprised us the most was NL7Z.  Nice Ears.

K7RAT gets best ears award from the West Coast.  W7GG, AJ6T were the only
others that pulled us through.  K7CA got us from a bit further east.

We did not CQ much, so we probably missed a lot of contacts.
We had 155 QSOs and 2928 points, and a lot of fun.  It was nice to spend
the daytime with our families instead of on the air.

73, Rob  K2WI