TopBand: 1851 DGPS beacon

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 1851 DGPS beacon
From: gregsmi@dbn-pop.iafrica.com (gregsmi@dbn-pop.iafrica.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 17:56:01 +0000
Could any of the SM, LA, OH or OZ guys give me any details abt the
Differential GPS "beacon" on 1851 kHz.  Info such as Tx power,
antenna height and polarisation, and location would be interesting.

I have tried to use this beacon as a propagation indicator, but
have noticed that there is vy little correlation between the strength
of its signal and condx to northern Eu.  For example the beacon was
as loud as ever this morning, but no amateur topband signals were
heard.

Pse reply in private, and I will summarise for the Reflector.

Thanks, 73.
Greg, ZS5K.