TopBand: 3DA0CA Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA Update
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 08:03:13 +200
>From Jon 3DA0CA:

Well, I did it...had my JA opening on the 17th  and it wasn't at their
sunrise.  I worked the biggest guns and had 2 busted calls which I might or
might not have copies.  They were strong signals, but with QRN running S9 to
S9+20 at all times its a bit hard.  I worked on each for about 5-10 minutes.

Also had a great opening to the West Coast of the US on the 16th.  Not sure
when that will happen again, but I hope it does soon.

I also have called a few statio in Eastern and Central US that I called 3-4
times with reports but they never responded.  They are not included in the
logs below.

As long as the antenna holds I will continue the routine of checking JA
opening at 1930-2000z if the QRN is not too bad (1827.5/1908-9).  Other OC
stations I will check my xmit frequency on occasion so call me on my
frequency only if you hear me.  And then I will continue to be on by 0300z
for my sunrise. (1827.5/up 5-6).

(de ZS6EZ:  This list of 135 stations includes more than just the past
few days' takings.)

A45XR
AB0X
AJ1H