TopBand: 8Q7AA 160m ops

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 8Q7AA 160m ops
From: G.Mercer@btinternet.com (Graham Mercer)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 98 22:55:59 GMT
Top Ops in QRM-Busting!

Full marks to the 8Q7AA op on 1824.5 tonight (20th Jan 2230z)
Despite the poor discipline from many EU ops battling for a QSO in
horrendous pile-up, the op locked on to a signal and once he had a
partial call, he persisted (in my case for 4 mins!) in order to complete a
QSO, often having to silence the mob with several QRT QRTs only
(whatever partial call) ... until call completed and QRZ the next ....
Many stations would have been disappointed, had it not been for
such persistence ... Not too many DX stations give such
consideration to the small fry!
CONGRATS and MNI TNX! and hpe they grace all our logs with their
call
73
Graham/GM4BES