TopBand: USEFUL ANTENNA INFO

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: USEFUL ANTENNA INFO
From: vertex@execulink.com (BILL, VE3CSK)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:27:42 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to those who took time to comment on my post about burned guys and
other sparky phenomena.  Good suggestions received and it seems the
immediate solution would be to insulate with larger/more insulators the
"skirt" guy wires which create my "not-quite-top" loading.  All my relays
are now junk and I will have to build another switching unit, but at least
now I have a better handle on the problem which has plagued this antenna in
one way or another since it was put up.

73 and hope you all enjoyed the contest.  Heard and worked quite a few of
you who post regularly on this reflector.

Bill