TopBand: Top-Band(ung) Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Top-Band(ung) Report
From: dl8wpx@indo.net.id (Joerg Puchstein, YB1AQS)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:10:12 -0000
Hello everybody,

after being left out working Stateside during the weekend
at least some hope today. Coming late due to other commitments
6x Westcoast made it still into my log, biggest signal
as always Bob N7UA.

The contest brought poor condx - nothing from Stateside and as
always in contests mainly one-directional conditions into Europe
(but nil heard from behind SM/OZ/SP/OK/HA/S5).
The whole season I didn't hear so much loud signals from Eu but
the success-rate was only 10 percent. The so-called DX-window
(1830..35) was full of Eu's calling CQ and nearly nobody was
listening on his own TX frequency. The big guns in JA were
beaming only EU with there Beverages (JA4LXY took me 20 minutes
to attract his attention).
OTOH - two new one's with 3W5FM and OH0MAM and maybe RM6A (ER???).
Also KL7Y was a nice multiplier. Else, beside 8Q7AA and JA's
only many YB, VK, ZL, 9M2 trying to attract attention in Europe.
EA8BH was heard shortly after sunrise, but unfortunately no
36 Q's and 13 countries at the end of the day....

Will be on tonight and tomorrow from 18:30 for Europe. Then I'm
off for one week - have some duties in YB7.

vy73, Joerg YB1AQS