TopBand: P4 Solar Eclipse Feb 26 - Grayline Propagation?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: P4 Solar Eclipse Feb 26 - Grayline Propagation?
From: jacobo.oduber@arubanet.com (JACOBO ODUBER) (JACOBO ODUBER)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 98 10:38:00 -600
I have an interesting question regarding propagations that might be easy
to answer and then it might not be.

We will be having a complete solar eclipse on february 26 1998 at
16:11Z (2:11pm local time) in Aruba.

The total solar eclipse will only last for 3 minutes or so, but I have
been informed that we will experience total darkness (equivalent
to 2 hours after sunset) during those 3 minutes and basically sunset and
sunrise conditions for the time preceding and after the total eclipse.

Question:
What if any gray line propagations can we expect during that time. It
should be interesting, cause it will be our normal afternoon
propagations but with temporary nighttime conditions.

If propagation conditions will be any good, I will plan to be on
160m (+- 1.845) during the eclipse.

Any input or comments would be appreciated.

FYI, there will probably be a few other hams on the Island that will
also be active also during the eclipse on different other bands, so this
might be an interesting day for sure.

73's de P43HOT

Jacob