TopBand: 9M0C .. 160m Ops

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9M0C .. 160m Ops
From: G.Mercer@btinternet.com (Graham Mercer)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 98 23:44:36 GMT
Fellow Reflectees...

Mike?/9M0C showed up on queue tonight around 1824.5Khz,
initially working the JA slot before turning his attention to EU ... The
window here, at least for me here in GM-land, was smashed by LID
ops, the worst I've heard in 45 years of listening on the amateur
bands ... All due to "UT5UGR"... whom I'm sure was not genuine, so
apologies to the real one ( if indeed there is one!) ... I've never heard
so many people 'taking the bait' responding to this guy, effectively
jamming out the 9M0 for virtually the  entire period that
communications were possible between EU and 9M0 ... What has
happened to 'amateur radio' recently? ... Is this a European problem?
(from past mail posted by DX-pedition contributors, this seems to be
the case) ... I just had to switch off the gear, feeling both ashamed (
to be a EU op) and not just a wee bit angry..
Graham/GM4BES+