TopBand: Heartache

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Heartache
From: Istvan.Bogyo@mdc.hu (Bogyo Istvan)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:04:28 +0100
Dear TopBanders,

I have two comments (quasi-heartache):

9M0C is about 579-589 here every night between 19:30 and 22:30 on the
580 foot Beverage pointed due East. Unbelievable. Wish their noise would
disappear, they could easily work hundreds of EUs with that signal.

Recently I woke up several nights at 01:30 UTC (02:30 local, ughhhh),
but absolutely no signals from W6/W7. This morning the only North
American was VP5/W8AV, but he did not hear any EUs, although big guns
like OH1XX, OH3LYG, LA3XI were also calling. No question the propagation
was VERY poor.

I hope it will improve for the weekend and I can work at least 200 W/VE
in the ARRL test. See you there!

73 es DX

Steve HA0DU