TopBand: GEESE DO HAVE EARS!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: GEESE DO HAVE EARS!
From: G.Mercer@btinternet.com (Graham Mercer)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 98 00:25:31 GMT
Ref recent comment(s) on Goose VP5/W8AV having defective hearing .... This is a
myth !

Goose, operating from VP5-land for the contest last Friday, presumably, to
provide an extra
few points for his fellow Ws ( not without expense to himself and family, I
presume ) .. was
heard calling CQ, just before the start of the test ... came back instantly to
my feeble signal
with a 599 report ...(I was running 150w to a ropey dipole at the time!) ... so
there is nowt
wrong with the  Goose! .... it probably laid a few golden eggs over the
weekend, so don't kill
it!

73 de Graham/GM4BES