TopBand: Data sought on 160 m conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Data sought on 160 m conditions
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 07:38:52 -0500 (EST)
Recieved this from N4XX:

Hi, Gang!

Just received this from Cary Oler.  He would like as many Topbanders as
possible to send him their observations regarding unusual propagation
conditions over the next month or so.  But I'll let him speak for
himself:

There's really only been one fellow (aside from Ted, N4XX) who has
"stuck with it" and continued to provide me with good quality reports.
His location (South Africa) is a good one for monitoring transequatorial
160m propagation and he's provided some interesting observations.  But
more contributions are really needed to help cover the high latitude
paths such as those from the U.S. to Europe or Japan.

With conditions continuing to degrade as we approach spring, this
information will soon become sparse by virtue of the fact that 160m will
begin closing down to these regions.  But this is a critical time and
data coverage is important.  So please do encourage others you speak
with to contribute.

Best regards.

        -Cary Oler
         Oler@Holly.CC.Uleth.CA, Oler@Uleth.CA,