TopBand: ZL7DK final update (delayed)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL7DK final update (delayed)
From: dl8wpx@indo.net.id (J. Puchstein)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:05:31 -0000
Dear fellow Top-Banders,

please excuse the long delay in posting our logs. The problem must have been
somewhere on the Pactor-Internet Link going PACTOR via Australia to South
Africa and from there into the internet.

Now I'm just back home (and already in the office again). Nevertheless I want
to publish all the new log entries from the 4th of March until our final
shutdown
at the 8th of March at 17:45Z:

4X4NJ   DK8NG   G3KMA   K5AB    N5ZM    OH1VX   OZ8ABE  VK3ZL   W4YV    WG3U
AA1K    DL1DTL  G3NAS   K6CT    N6BT    OH5PT   RV3GW   VK6HD   W5JAY   YL2KO
DF0KW   DL1FC   G3NKC   K6ZMW   N6FF    OH5WW   RX4HW   VK7BC   W6JRY   ZL4SEA
DJ2YA   DL2DXA  HA0DU   K7NW    N6JV    OM3NY   SM5AKT  W0AW    W6NKU
DJ7UC   DL3KDV  IV3PRK  K7ZBV   N6RO    OM5NU   SM5BHW  W2MPK   W6RJ
DJ9KG   DL6MYL  JA8EAT  K7ZV    N7JW    ON4UN   SM5EDX  W2UE    W6UM
DK0EE   DL7ON   JE1QYI  K8OOK   N7RO    OZ1BTE  SM5HJZ  W3AS    W7IUV
DK0EL   DL7VEE  K0IR    K9JF    N7RY    OZ1LXJ  SM5WP   W3BY    W7NN
DK4RM   EA3VY   K3OSX   KH6AT   N7XR    OZ3PZ   SM6CTQ  W3EEE   W8XD
DK5PR   F5NTV   K4TO    N3RR    NX7K    OZ3W    SM6MCW  W3GG    WA1LNP

As you can see, the demand specially in the US and Japan areas was decreasing
the last couple of days, we often called without takers for long times. During
the contest
we again were not very successful to overcome the SSB-QRM.

In total we've made 615 QSO's on topband, a more detailled summary report
will follow.

Once again congratulations to everybody working our 'QRP'-signal (in fact
never more than 400 Watts out). Every QSO was a big challenge and a great
joy for us.

The other five members of our team are still in New Zealand enjoying some
sightseeing on South Island. We will prepare a summary including what we've
kept in our memory for everybody interested in beginning of next week,
when the others have returned home.

Special cudus from my side again to Wil, DJ7AA - who not only tried to
keep you informed, but also has sent every day the 'morning news' via Fax
to us as feedback or breaking in with latest news on the bands.
To get a reliable relay channel working is definitely the way to go and
we'll think about how to improve the communications in the future.

Once again - the QSL is (as stated correctly in the www.qrz.com database)
going best via :

Falk D. Weinhold, DK7YY
P.O.Box 700 343