TopBand: Elevated GP vs. Vertical Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Elevated GP vs. Vertical Antennas
From: clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (clive penna)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:59:04 -0000
Eric and everybody interested in the discussion,
I would like to see the results of an experiment involving the two types of
antenna carried out in a
manner similar to those carried out in Forensic experiments where to two
items are compared
in a LIKE with LIKE manner. In this context two verticals at the same site
but not interacting,
constructed in the same way, with the same uncluttered foreground, feed
with same feed system.
        Always keeping in mind ' Like with Like, i feel sure that a meaningful
outcome could be
obtained where Mr average can decide whether to go with elevated radials or
ground mounted.
Perhaps the biggest problem in doing such an experiment is doing it at
topband it may be easier  at 40m with an adjustment in elevated radial
height. By the way I use elevated radials in a 80m
4 Square system and i'm happy with the results but I would sure like
another 6db if thats what a
'quality' amateur band experiment came up with !!  Clive GM3POI

To: <topband@contesting.com>