TopBand: "Prop(er)agation"!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: "Prop(er)agation"!
From: gregsmi@dbnpop01.iafrica.com (gregsmi@dbnpop01.iafrica.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:45:56 +0000
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date:          Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:43:28 EST
> To:            topband@contesting.com
> Subject:       Re: TopBand: Propergation

> I do not see where adding qrm to an already noisy band is helpful... Between
> the broadcast harmonics, the net beacons in the pacific, the pirate stations,
> Loran, and qrn this band is already bedlam....  The proper way to test
> propagation is listening  for the dx and calling CQ (when appropriate), not
> adding another layer of noise...
>
> Denny

While I understand the problems with QRM in your part of the world,
Denny, I would personally love to see a network of beacons, as
proposed.

How about if they all used one freq, as on 14.100 MHz.  Surely you
could spare just the one slot?  There should be more time available
than for the 20m beacons, because it would not be necessary to go
through the power levels.  One call at 25 wpm should be enough,
repeated, say, after 1 min intead of 10 min.

73, Greg, ZS5K