TopBand: El Nino

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: El Nino
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:29:27 EST
I often wonder if my normally dry Mojave Desert alkaline soil becomes
more conductive when it rains.  If so, it would effect my TOA.  Don't
know if this is beneficial or not.  We've certainly had much greater than
normal rainfall this season.  One definite benefit I've noticed is that
it's washed the dust off of the power line insulators.

Amazing how the desert turns green when it's moistened!  It took a week
to mow my 2.5 acres (330' x 330') with a 22" push mower.  It looks like a
golf course out there!

EL Nino is at it again, because it's raining constantly again today.  And
that wild grass is still growing.  Maybe I'd better buy a tractor mower
to make it easier to keep that lossy vegetation to a minimum ! ?

73, de Earl, K6SE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]