TopBand: YJ0ADJ and the pumpkin soup

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: YJ0ADJ and the pumpkin soup
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 06:37:36 +0800
For those interested in working Dick YJ0ADJ, I worked him last night simplex
on 1827.8, after he was QSX in the JA window.

It seems that if his QSX frequency goes quiet, YJ0ADJ checks his own
frequency for callers - a practice I wish all DXpeditions would do.

I was so pleased to get Dick that I decided to make some pumpkin soup (you
know, do domestic stuff) and only checked 160m sporadically.  FO0FI come on
160m tonite? - naahh.  But he did and I missed him.

Confucius says that DXer that makes pumpkin soup when new country on will
end up feeling like a root vegetable. He's right.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ