TopBand: FO0FI Never Say Die

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FO0FI Never Say Die
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:42:06 -0400 (EDT)
        Today I got up at 0945 hoping FO0FI would be on.  Nil heard until
I had to leave at 1030 to take my mother to meet a tour with the local
senior citizens' group.  Since my sunrise is at 1048 today, I figured
there would be no chance today.  I got back about 1100 only to see
several spots of Bob on 1823.9.  I listened but couldn't hear a thing.
I kept listening and, wonder of wonders, I began to hear him as the
QRN began to subside around 1115.  I called for 15 minutes with no
luck and then he FINALLY came back at 1130, 42 minutes past sunrise.
I'm still copying him as I write this at 1140.  QRN crashes are still
S9 but he is quite readable through them on QSB peaks.  Was I just
not able to hear through the QRN at 1100 or did his signal actually
come up?  I really believe it was the latter!  Anyway, he must have
quite a good setup for us to QSO so late so keep trying even past
your sunrise!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV