TopBand: QRQ on topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QRQ on topband
From: w9vne@fuse.net (james danehy)
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 10:08:27 -0400
I received a QSL this morning from a Russian station for a topband QSO.
On the card he states : " input 4 kw +". A few months ago I heard an
Italian station state that he was running 3 KW output. Does anyone know
what power levels are authorized in various countries ? I think most of
us on Topband are students of propagation. It is nice to factor the
power level into the equation. My single 3-500Z is pale compared to some
of the transmitters in use on Topband. Maybe there are different power
levels on Topband which authorize these levels of power.

Jim, W9VNE
Cincinnati
Ohio