TopBand: Wicked Witch of the South & 3B7RF

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Wicked Witch of the South & 3B7RF
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 21:28:10 -0700
I was prevented from working 3B7RF on 160 by the Wicked Witch of the
South, Static, and her evil dog, which she called her son, Spot!
I tried throwing water on her, but that just made her crashes stronger.
I asked my friends for help:  My antenna, Tinman, said that he didn't
have the heart to do it.  My amplifier, Lion, said that he was a
coward and just blew a fuse.  My computer, Scarecrow, said the he
just had a BASIC brain and couldn't help me.
Only the Wizards of Z's (VE1ZZ and W4ZV*) were able to work 3B7RF.
And now they tell me that he'll never be showing again.  I wish that
it all was just a dream!  Where's the Yellow Brick Road when you
need it?

       73,  Bill     K0HA
(On a farm just north of Kansas)

* Apologies to KM1H and the others who pulled the curtain back and
also worked 3B7RF