TopBand: ET3AA on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ET3AA on 160
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:10:34 -0400
The following is from G3VMW's Web page at http:\\bramham.demon.co.uk\.
Andy G3ZVJ usually does a nice job on 160 so this should be a good
chance for those of us who missed DK7PE's operation from 9F2CW.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

ET3AA Ethiopia - September 1998

Steve Wilson G3VMW, Alan Ibbetson G3XAQ and Andy Chadwick G4ZVJ, all members
of the First-Class CW Operators Club (FOC), will be travelling to Addis
Ababa,        Ethiopia in September 1998. We will be operational as ET3AA,
from the club      station of the Ethiopian Amateur Radio Society.

Our host in Addis Ababa is Sid May, G4CTQ who is better known as ET3SID. Mainly
active on the digital modes of RTTY and AMTOR himself, Sid has kindly offered to
host our visit and operation in Ethiopia. We are indebted to him for his help.
During our visit, we hope to obtain personal callsigns from the Ethiopian
government in readiness for a sustained two-week DXpedition during 1999.

Between September 18th and 27th, we will be active as ET3AA on 160-10m, with
emphasis on the LF and WARC bands. The operation will be mainly CW, but with
some
SSB if there is sufficient demand.

Operating frequencies will be 1.829 MHz, 3.508 MHz, 7.008 MHz, 10.108 MHz,
14.026
MHz, 18.076 MHz, 21.026 MHz, 24.896 MHz and 28.026 MHz, always split frequency,
listening up between 1 kHz and 5 kHz

QSLs will be via Steve, G3VMW and there will be an on-line log search utility on
this page after the operation.