TopBand: insulators

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: insulators
From: gtaft@voyager.net (gtaft)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:15:22 -0700
Hello all

Need help locating "dogbone" or Hersey Bar" type insulators for a low
band antenna system under construction.

We're suspending wire elements with "T" tops around a large single tower
using cataneries with 3/16" EHS wire and Phillystran and need 8
insulators to seperate the T tops from the rest of the catanery.

We probably need something with a breaking strength of 1000# or greater
that will accommodate deadend  preform grips (or stranvises) and have an
insulating distance of at least 4 inches.  Weight is a factor.  We have
looked at what the electric companys use in "deadend" line insulators
and suspension insulators and found all pretty large and heavy.

Got any ideas on where one could secure 8 such insultors?

Thanks for reading

73  George  W8UVZ