TopBand: TopBand "Beacons"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TopBand "Beacons"
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 00:35:56 -0700
If this already exists, please tell me where.  If not I'd really
appreciate a web list of what amounts to 160M beacons.  By that
I'm referring to a complete list of stations such as:

  LFI (Norway)
  The small number of amateur beacons that I've seen listed.
  Australia/New Zealand utility stations
  Even Fishing bouys if their location is know & consistently on
     (although I might be inclined to use this information to help
      try & eliminate some of these besides using them as condition
      indicators)

A list of these and any other similar stations would be useful to
me to serve as a propagation reference.  With topband conditions as
they are, any such station's signal should not be used as an absolute
guage.  But, I would find them useful along with other indicators...

73,  Bill     K0HA