TopBand: CE8ABF soon on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CE8ABF soon on 160
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:59:54 EDT
Topbanders:
I talked to Alex last night on 20M, asking if he could go to 160M.  He
informed me that he looks forward to getting back on 160M, but that 100 MPH
winds have blown down his 80/160 wire antenna.  He hope to put it back up
soon, possibly as early as today.  QUESTION.  Has there been any other recent
South American activity on 160?
Last night static level were a bit lower here in Colorado for the first time
in a week and ZS6UT and DF2PY were worked with good signals.  EA6ACC was also
worked, but his S5 signal was only Q3 here.  He was heard Q4/5 a bit later.
The above stations worked as far west as N7JW in Utah, I believe.
Doug  W0AH  central Colorado