TopBand: condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: condx
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:57:01 +0800
Hi All, Last night 0955/1015z, Sept 23rd., condx to the East coast USA were
good and the QRN level was down. The VK3 boys were having a ball but I could
not get a QSO. For those chasing KH2/K4SXT, he was calling cq after cq with
little success ( congrats Jack VE1ZZ on getting through) on 1824. This
morning 2115/2155z I had a little more luck with getting TL5A in the log for
a new one. QSO's with OH3ES, OH3YI and LA9IAA and just before sunrise
VO1NA...so the long path is opening up. At sunrise the band went completely
dead. 73 es dx de Mike VK6HD