TopBand: RE: Antenna installation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RE: Antenna installation
From: n2nl@netpci.com (Dave Mueller)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:25:48 -0700
I haven't seen posted the method I normally use to sling wires over
trees, so
here it is:  Try a fishing pole.
   Get a good sized sinker and 14-20lb test fishing line on the reel.
Face the tree
you're aiming for.  Make an about face, look over your shoulder to make
sure
you are aiming in the right direction, and sling the sinker up and over
your shoulder,
releasing the line just as the pole is straight up.  It might take a
couple tries, but
once the fishing line is over the part of the tree you wanted, attach
small diameter
string to the opposite end of the fishing line (after removing the
sinker).  Reel in
the fishing line as you would a fish until the string has been pulled
over the tree.
You now can pull over your wire or rope with the higher test string.
     This is the only method I use and it works great.  I have been able
to sling
sinkers over 70-80ft trees by this method.  The only problem I have ever
had is
in heavy wind which sometimes blows the fishing line, and it might take
me a couple
extra tries before I get it just where I want it.
   Hope this helps....

73, Dave n2nl/kh2
(where the coconut trees are short enough I can use a rock and rope)
n2nl@netpci.com