TopBand: Very little on K9AY Antenna?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Very little on K9AY Antenna?
From: Tracey Gardner G5VU <g5vu@tracey.gardner.clara.net> (tracey gardner)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 98 10:52:46 GMT

Hi All,

This is my first posting to the reflector so please bear with me.

I've seen plenty of postings about the EWE, Pennant and Flag antennas
on the reflector, but virtually nothing about the K9AY (QST September 1997).

Is nobody using this antenna?

I've heard that the K9AY antenna performs excellently, especially with
remotely variable termination, giving a cardiod pattern with nulls of
over 40db, so why hasn't there been much discussion about it?

Cheers

Tracey