TopBand: re DX pile-ups

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: re DX pile-ups
From: manyoaks@easynet.co.uk (manyoaks@easynet.co.uk)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:53:42 +0100

>>Recently, I had this startingly unoriginal idea about special 'first
timer/QRP' nights, but after some thought realised these would inevitably
fall on nights when the 160m conditions were bad...   <<

Back in the late 60's and early 70's Stew Perry did just that - he had
specific 'first-timers' mornings.  Sometimes condx were terrible - but Stew
always pounded his characteristic CW through the 'greyline hours'.

I think its worth a go Steve but your problem is how do you tell everyone?
In those days there were fewer topband freaks and Stew announced his
first-timers dates via the topband letter which any self respecting
topbander received.  DX cluster might be your way to communicate it to a
wider audience than this relfector.

Chris    G3SVL