TopBand: VK6VZ Ant/Wilson Electronics

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK6VZ Ant/Wilson Electronics
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 06:04:16 +0800
In a bid to further improve the 160m signal at VK6VZ, plans are afoot to
ditch the massive homebrew 40 - 10m quad (sob!) and replace it with a small
tri-band beam, so as to allow construction of a inverted vee-ish dipole or a
top-loaded delta loop with the apex at around 90 - 100 feet.

In order to carry out the change, I need to know if parts are still
available for Wilson Electronics Corporation HF beams, as the tribander in
question will be of this type (Wilson System Three or Wilson SY-3) and could
do with new rubber boots for the traps.  I can find no trace of Wilson
Electronics Corporation in any my recent amateur radio magazines...

Does anyone out there have any information on Wilson?

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ