TopBand: G5RV 'T'

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: G5RV 'T'
From: robert.marshallread@aethos.co.uk (Robert Marshall-Read)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 08:01:51 +0000
I am using a G5RV at 13 metres, (105' 31m across the top) and fed with 4
inch open wire feeders (13 m long).  I have tied the feeder together,
and use a tuned counterpoise at the feedpoint (feedpoint 12 feet above
ground on the second floor).  The input impedence is 9 ohms so I have
knocked the ground loss problem I think.

Question: as the top section is inverted V, lowest ends at 4
metres....am I getting any vertical component to my radiation, or is it
all going straight up, being cancelled by the slopping top sections, or
just warming the copper?

BTW, feedline slopes to the centre of the top section at an angle of
45-50 degrees.

Some say it may be acting as a slopper....can someone model it for me?

Thanks

Bob

EI7IU/G4VGO