TopBand: QSP to E30GA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QSP to E30GA
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:40:52 -0500
Hi Bill,

I just talked to Bruce (1300 UTC on Wednesday) at E30GA and they know about
the 1830 problem.

He said that they, by license, are only able to use (I think) 1830-1840 KHz
and must QRT whenever the military uses any band they are on including 160!

Next, last night (their sunrise) someone forgot to awaken the 160 operator!
Hence, no 160! I think he said that the 160 ops are NF6S (who he said is
very familiar with 160) and two Italians. Boy, they must have some group of
ops!

Anyhow, they are also experiencing one (1) hour power failures daily (!)
which are random but have occurred at sunrise. He said that they are aware
of the propagation to USA at their sunrise. He also indicated that they
will be on 160 tonight (if someone doesn't forget to awaken the operator!).

I guess the best thing to do is just listen and hope for the best!

73,

Joe, W1JR