TopBand: Award Ideas-3rd Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Award Ideas-3rd Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: lew@teleport.com (lew@teleport.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:35:40 -0800 (PST)
Yo,
   This epistle invites any interested individuals to sponsor a plaque for
any category that they feel important to recognize for the 3rd running of
The Stew Perry TopBand Dx Challenge. The results of lasts years edition,
plus the various and sundry awards issued may be viewed at:
   http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband/stew97.html

     Several stalwarts are returning to sponsor plaques again this year:
  Don,  KH8/N5OLS    Top World Score
  Low Band Monitor,  Top North America Score
  Joe,  AA4NN        Top S/O,Hi-Power, EU Score
  Eric, N7CL  Top Low-Power, Pacific Rim,Indian Ocean,Non-America Score
  Al, K7CA  Longest Low-power,non-skedded Q with all contest Q's <100W
  Jim, K1PX  Top Low-power, Eu Score
  Bob, NW6N  Top West Coast Score
  Mel, KJ9C  top number of grids worked
  Tree, N6TR TBA
  Trey, N5KO TBA
  Lew,  W7EW TBA

      If you'd like to join this August...nay December group, simply
suggest a category and email that suggestion to me at the E-Mail address
below. The cost of the neat-o plaque is $50.00. The more creative the
category the better.
      I realize that 160M has not been spiffy so far...but perhaps The
Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge, commencing 1500Z Dec 26 will lure the
band into topform for the serious TopBanders.
      Further Epistles will be forthcoming.
    73 and I remain,
    Lew
    Chief Extorter, The Boring Amateur Radio Club

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT           lew@teleport.com
         P.O.Box  3110                    Fax 503-391-2258
         Salem, Oregon 97302              160M thru 1296MHz