TopBand: Toroids for EWE type Beverage antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Toroids for EWE type Beverage antenna
From: K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:14:41 -0600
Hi all;  Can someone tell me if it is permissible to use MN-8-CX
Toroids to build the
transformer needed at the input of the antenna?  I have several
MN8CX toroids, a
few BBR7731's, a T-68-2, and a T-80-2.  If the MN8CX cores will
work, I'd really
like to use them due to their compact size.  Who ever gets this
message first this afternoon
while it's still daylight, PLEASE email me ASAP so I can finish
this thing before it gets
dark.  I'd like to see how this EWE is going to fare to two other
RX antennas here in the
city.

Thanks in advance----------  I assume no more than 11 trifillar
turns ont the
toroid will work just fine??????????

De K0CKDennis

--
Dennis G. Peterson
K0CKD ----- ex:WB9YTT & N7CKD

If you need a copy of the TopBand Frequency Allocations:
Send me an Email request at:  K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net

phone: 319-263-2272
cellular:  319-299-2699
fax line:  319-262-0120