TopBand: Misc Top Band info

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Misc Top Band info
From: n2nl@netpci.com (David Mueller)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:18:02 -0000
----------
 From: Richard Zwirko <dz@VOA.GOV>
 To: topband@contesting.com
 Cc: dz@VOA.GOV
To: <topband@contesting.com>
 Date: Thursday, December 31, 1998 12:38 PM

 Received a note from Dave, KH2/N2NL today reporting that he traced some
 of his 160M noise to the fan in his computer but is still working on
 eliminating the rest of the QRM. His Inverted-L went up yesterday and
 reports hearing K3UL as the farthest station east in the U.S. .

 My computer noise is fixed.  Thanks for the whole pile of messages
from people offering help.  I ended up switching out the entire power
supply
with and old IBM power supply that is built like a tank but quiet.  Now I
just
have local WX QRN to deal with which was pretty bad tonight.  I only
heard
JA's and W3GH weakly working JA1CGM.  I haven't really had time to see if
the antenna works but Mike, VK6HD, says I'm loud.
  Conditions seemed extremely poor tonight, and NH0/JH4ADK who many are
ooking for was absent.
  I have been asked by some to spot the stuff I hear on my end on the
Packet cluster which I will do when the local 2m node is linked into the
Internet cluster.  Hopefully it will be helpful info.
  Gus, KH2/K4SXT should be back on island so I hope to do some
ignal comparisons over the next couple nights with him.
73, Dave kh2/n2nl

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]