TopBand: Short single EWE antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Short single EWE antenna
From: K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:53:10 -0600
Does anyone have the article or the magazine where it first
appeared regarding the EWE antenna for 160 meters.  I was also
wondering if there are tests to prove the antennas working
ability on RX only or to check it for F/B when one end is
terminated?  My current EWE is 10' up @ 35 degrees NE by 50 feet
long and 10 feet down @ 215 degrees SW and terminated this end to
a 1.2K ohm resistor to a 4 foot ground stake.

Would like to know what I should and or should not be hearing off
the terminated end and how much of a signal I should have on the
directive end.

Thanks and HAPPY HOLLIDAYS TO ALL

de K0CKDennis

--
Dennis G. Peterson
K0CKD ----- ex:WB9YTT & N7CKD

If you need a copy of the TopBand Frequency Allocations:
Send me an Email request at:  K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net

phone: 319-263-2272
cellular:  319-299-2699
fax line:  319-262-0120