TopBand: More great condx - Friday night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: More great condx - Friday night
From: jerryandgail@earthlink.net (Jerry and Gail )
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 06:01:20 -0800

>Wow. . . tonight topped last night for great topband condx here in Iowa.

It was a great opening to the West Coast also. Could only work one station
here (GM3POI, a new one for me) because of drifting-birdie QRM, but I could
tell that many were there with good signals.

Any suggestions as to what might cause patches, 10 kHz wide or so, of
birdies?  The patches drift somewhat, occasionally allowing a clear spot.
The QRM has a definite ON/OFF and is usually on all evening here. It is not
my TV or computers.

Fascinating band. Wish I had started seriously operating it years ago!

Jerry   AI6L