TopBand: InRad FT1000MP Mod: Good for 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: InRad FT1000MP Mod: Good for 160?
From: jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Jeffrey Maass)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:09:03 -0500 (EST)

Folks:

I have ordered the InRad modification for the FT1000MP, and have read many
glowing comments about it.

Is this a modification which is likely to be beneficial in 160 meter use,
or is the major improvement on the higher bands?

If it arrives in the Saturday mail, should I take the time (and risk) of
installing it before I start on the Stew at 2200Z?

DVC,

Jeff Maass  jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us    http://www.netexp.net/~jmaass
USPSA/IPSC # L-1192  NROI/CRO   Amateur Radio K8ND     NW of Columbus Ohio
"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."
                                              - Bertrand Russell