TopBand: radial effects on yagi antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: radial effects on yagi antenna
From: kc4wq@mis.net (Buddy Sohl)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:00:51 -0500
I noticed an increase in reflected power from my KT34XA
on Rohn 25 at 65 feet.  The reflected went from less
than 2 or 3 watts to the neighborhood of 10 to 15.  The
only change has been the placement of radials around
the tower (so far about 80 radials from 90 to 130' for
about 200 degrees).  Could or would the increase be
definitely attributable to the radials (as yet
unconnected to the ground system) or should I be
looking for another culprit?

--
73 de KC4WQ
Buddy