TopBand: 5H3US

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 5H3US
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:45:20 -0400 (EDT)
        5H3US is now QRV using a 50 foot shunt fed tower.  Dave needs
some help with better components and has asked for help with the following.
If you have anything, or know of a good source, please reply to me
DIRECTLY and I will forward the info to him.  I think things can be shipped
via US Mail to his Embassy address in Tanzania.

        I heard Dave briefly last night in the contest but he could not
hear my 100 watts!  I'm sure he will work everyone before the season is
over following in his excellent tradition from 9L1US, J52US and A22MN.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV

5H3US wrote:

I sure could use a source for a relatively inexpensive vacuum variable
or two--one at about 200-250pf max. and the other at 1500-2000pf or so
max.  A soure for a couple of transmitting micas rated at 1000pf apiece,
5,000 wv or better would be great too.  The fixed caps can be big micas
or vacuums and I can always parallel 'em if need be to get what I need.
Know anybody who won't charge an arm and a leg?