TopBand: Murphy strikes again*******************

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Murphy strikes again*******************
From: K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:31:56 -0600
Aside from many obstacles to overcome, i.e........Christmas
Holiday, Company, Honey DO's, Antenna Problems the contest was
quite exciting to say the least.  Just as I was planning on
really doing well this year, I received some unexpected company,
the antenna's tuning stubs shorted out leaving me with the
ability to only operate with 25 watts of power.  Any more power
and the SWR rose significantly high.   25 watts allowed me to at
least operate and tolerate the conditions.

I managed 41 Q's with the farthest one being DM37 to the West and
FN66 to the NE.  I could only operate sparsely when the
opportunity arouse.  No DX this year and no WEST COAST
whatsoever.  To those who tollerated my again again thanks for
the contacts.

73s to all with hopeful thoughts of ridding myself of this
MURPHIAL NIGHTMARE...................

de K0CKDennis

--
Dennis G. Peterson
K0CKD ----- ex:WB9YTT & N7CKD

If you need a copy of the TopBand Frequency Allocations:
Send me an Email request at:  K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net

phone: 319-263-2272
cellular:  319-299-2699
fax line:  319-262-0120