TopBand: ZL9CI defence

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL9CI defence
From: gi0kow@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk (gi0kow)
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:37:01 +0000
Hi Group,
Whilst i can appreciate the frustration felt by topbanders regarding the
restrictions on the amount of time ZL9CI is spending on 160 i can assure
you i know some people who are more frustrated than any of you regarding
this situation. The 9 guys who are presently sitting on Campbell
Island!!.
Believe me they really want to put a good show on and give us all a new
160m country. Once the team are on the island they are literally praying
for bad enough weather which enables them to receive permission to stay
during the hours of darkness. Remember the DoC representative with them
has the power to tear up their operating licence whenever he sees fit,
the decision whether they stay or go lies with him not the operators
themselves.
I know that does not make it any easier for us all to accept, i need ZL9
on 160, if however i dont make the qso i know it wont be due to a lack
of interest by the operators concerned. Not much we can do except keep
our fingers crossed and hope the weather god is a topbander.
73
Robert Cummings GI0KOW
EU Pilot ZL9CI Campbell Island 1999