TopBand: 160 contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 contest
From: bernie@dailydx.com (Bernie McClenny)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:30:45 -0800
Hello dear OM friends.

LU8XW 160 meter activity...
===================

The crew of the Ushuaia Radio Club will be active as LU8XW during the
next
weeek CQ 160 meters Contest.

Location is in Tierra del Fuego Island - DXCC Argentine - IOTA SA008

They will be using a TS870 + TL922 + Full wave Loop antenna.

1830 KHz will be the freq.

Normally they can LSN very week signals in TDF but the problem is to be
LSN
in other hemisphere or to put a good signal so far away.

This is the reazon because our firends prepare this special Loop antenna
in
a special place in the Ushuaia bay.

For Buenos Aires area we have forecast wit rain an a lot of QRN but they

are abot 2800 km south from us.

Good luck

Jorge, LU7XP

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]