TopBand: Adice? Wire mesh radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Adice? Wire mesh radials
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:06:59 -0500
Hi Randy,
Chicken wire is expensive enough, copper would most likely be out of
sight!
I use the 1-inch mesh chicken wire, 4-foot wide rolls come in 150
lengths.
Just bend an 8-inch piece of wire into a "U" to pin the ends of the wire
mesh
to the ground.  Once rolled out, the wire mesh pretty much stays in
place.
Attach the wire mesh to the radial system with wire nuts.  My 3/8 wave
InvL
with 37 radial wires was much improved with 3,000 sq ft of chicken wire.
73 & GL,
Joe, AA4NN